Membership in the Canadian Propane Association (CPA) has a number of benefits – it is the ideal way for businesses in the propane industry to stay informed, get involved and maximize their success.
A quick word from our members…
The CPA employs a variety of communication tools to ensure members stay informed:
- Public Affairs Newsletter – CPA’s monthly newsletter providing national, provincial and municipal advocacy news and industry news related to the propane industry.
- Regulatory Affairs Newsletter – Members only CPA weekly newsletter providing updates on the latest regulatory matters.
- Energized Magazine – CPA’s official magazine, published three times a year – members are automatically added to the distribution list.
- CPA Website – regularly updated, with a wealth of information for the general public and members.
- Members Only Area – available for members only, this website allows members to access important documents, and to discuss topics with other members.
- Other Publications – including a regularly produced Propane Market Study, available only to members.
Networking and involvement through CPA events is an important part of membership. The CPA hosts the industry’s premier national event, the CPA Leadership Summit, which takes place every two years, and for which members receive discounted registration. The CPA also hosts annual regional seminars and regular regional committee meetings.
Government and Regulatory Relations
The CPA actively pursues advocacy goals and policy influencing activities. Member feedback and involvement is an important part of developing and carrying out these government relations efforts.
The CPA’s cooperative cost structure allows members to receive advocacy benefits, without having to pay full cost, including activities related to government relations, legal and regulatory issues, utility board matters, CSA code development, research and marketing.
CPA members can also get involved in a range of national and regional committees, to help ensure that Canada maintains a safe, responsible and business-friendly regulatory framework.
The Canadian Propane Association / Propane Training Institute maintains over 30 training programs, covering over 150 learning objectives, which are recognized and accredited by regulators across Canada
Members can purchase training manuals at special membership pricing at email@example.com or by calling 1.877.784.4636.
The services of Emergency Response Assistance Canada (ERAC), a subsidiary of the CPA, are reserved exclusively for CPA members.
ERAC plan participants consist of oil and gas producers, retailers, wholesalers, and carriers of LPG and flammable liquids, who require an Emergency Response Assistance Plan approved by Transport Canada. ERAC also provides emergency response assistance to LPG stationary tanks greater than 450 liters, which are not regulated under the TDG Act.
Also reserved exclusively for CPA members: The CPA holds a number of Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) equivalency certificates on behalf of members. These allow technically non-compliant activities to be carried out, if they are done in a way that provides an equivalent level of safety and compliance within the intent of the regulations.
CPA Members have access to special rates and services with our selected Affinity Partners.
Member Referral Bonus*
Existing CPA members will receive a $200 discount off their annual membership fees for each organization/individual they refer who becomes a member of the CPA. Contact the CPA for details.
* maximum of $400 dollars/2 referrals per member per year.