About the Canadian Propane Association
The Canadian Propane Association (CPA) is the national association for Canada’s propane industry, representing over 400 member companies in every region of the country.
- Wholesale Marketers
- Retail Marketers
- Manufacturers of Appliances, Cylinders and Equipment (MACE)
Associate members (non-voting):
- Interested Industries and Trainers
Visit the Become a Member page to read more about the definitions for each types of membership.
The CPA is based in Ottawa, with an office in Calgary.
Be the authoritative voice to promote propane as a safe, clean, versatile and innovative Canadian energy product and work collaboratively on behalf of members.
To champion propane and the propane industry in Canada, and to facilitate best practices, safety and a favourable business environment, through advocacy, training and emergency response.
- Work with governments and regulators to ensure health and safety, while promoting Canadian businesses
- Help industry stay abreast of regulatory and safety requirements and provide forums for industry to collaborate on best practices
- Provide industry training through CPA’s Propane Training Institute (PTI)
- Provide emergency response for LPG and Flammable Liquids through CPA’s subsidiary Emergency Response Assistance Canada (ERAC)